How can I help you?


Whether you require assistance with a State Government Department or Agency, require a new flag for your community group or require a congratulatory letter to be organised - Stirling's office is here to help you.

What State Members do in their Electorate

Members of the State Parliament are the representatives of all of the constituents in their electorate. Their responsibilities are therefore often wide-ranging. The ways in which Members typically serve their constituents includes:

  • giving assistance and advice to those in difficulty
  • acting as a lobbyist for local interest groups
  • being a communicator for their party’s policies and
  • playing an active community role.

To meet these responsibilities, local Members need to be active in their electorates to keep in touch with what is happening and to get to
know constituents’ views and problems. Members also give constituents help and advice, communicate the needs of their region to the Government, and promote their policies to the community.

Each member has an office in their electorate, and those with the largest electorates by land mass have two (Stirling has one Electorate Office - located at Shop 2, Fifth Avenue Sandgate QLD 4017). Constituents often bring their concerns to their local Member of Parliament and their team. Personal intervention in a constituent matter by the Member's office may result in priority attention from government departments. If a matter is particularly urgent or serious, the Member's office may approach the relevant Minister directly.

Members and their teams however, are unable to intervene in the decisions of other levels of government, or in independent agencies (such as the Crime and Corruption Commission, etc.) and the Judiciary branch of government. Members and their staff cannot provide legal advice or comment on a matter before the judiciary.

In the most serious cases a Member may decide to bring an issue arising from an independent agency to the attention of the relevant Parliamentary Committee.


Australia has three levels of Government - Federal, State and Local. Each level of government is responsible for delivering specific services to the community. If you’re unsure which level of government is responsible for addressing any issue you have, please contact my office and they can direct you to the right place.


Federal Government

Federal Government responsibilities include: disability (NDIS), veterans affairs, immigration, telecommunications, aged care, national highway, Centrelink, taxation, trade, Medicare, foreign affairs, aviation and shipping, higher education, child support and defence.


State Government

State Government responsibilities include: justice, consumer affairs, health, education, forestry, public transport, main roads.

If your issue falls into this category, my team will be able to assist you.


Local Government

Local Government responsibilities include: local road maintenance, garbage collection, building regulations and land subdivisions, public health and recreation facilities such as swimming pools.

It’s best to contact your local Councillor if you have a problem that falls into these areas of responsibility.

Please note some NDIS matters do relate to the State Government. If you are having an issue with the NDIS, please contact my Electorate Office team and they will assist you.

Electorate Office Contact Details

Phone: (07) 3639 9100
Email: [email protected]

Electorate Office Address

Shop 2 Fifth Avenue

Electorate Office Postal Address

PO Box 496

For more information on the role of members of the State Parliament and the Parliament itself please visit: